Wednesday, September 2, 2009

.... and now the good (Part 2)

.... previously on All-American Jess...

Jess was surprised with a trip to Nashville for her birthday. After two days of exploring the great city, it was time for the MAIN EVENT........



Oh, yes. That's right! Keith Urban and Sugarland!! I've previously posted about how much I love both these groups. So, how amazing was it to have them in one concert? AH-MAY-ZING!

There was one more surprise..... Jeni got us backstage passes! What a month, lol.... meeting Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban. Too much!


Backstage......



Mom and I.... and Keith's chin, lol....








The Backstage BBQ Experience..... basically, we went into this backstage area where there was food, drinks, and a small stage area. We then went into another area to meet Keith. After everyone met him, we went back into the first area and Keith came in. He sang a couple of songs and then had a Q&A time. Such a neat experience!



Keith, my, my mom, and two very nice ladies that I don't know, lol. No, I wasn't trying to hug up on the lady to my left. Keith had his hand on my shoulder and I was trying to get closer, lol.


He was SUPER friendly. Granted, there wasn't a whole lot of one-on-one time. However, he shook each of our hands, looked us in the eyes, asked our names, and asked us where we were from. When he found out we were from Florida, he apologized for not coming down there in the last two tours, lol.


Once the BBQ was over, it was time for the concert!


Mom and I waiting for the concert to start. If you only knew how many pictures we had to take to get this one. It's a well-known fact that I have virtually perfected the art of the "arm picture." I didn't get this from my mom, lol. She can't do it to save her life and always makes these horrid faces in the picture. We usually have to try about a dozen times to get a decent shot, lol.



SUGARLAND!!!


I didn't waste too much time taking pictures of them, lol. They're coming to Tampa on September 25th, so I knew I'd see them again.


KEITH URBAN!








He puts on such a great show. He sang for two hours, straight. I just loved it.







Unfortunately, the night had to end. We slept in on Sunday. Before heading to the airport, we went to the Wildhorse Saloon (haven't downloaded the pictures, yet) and drove around some more.

Then, it was time to go home. :(

I had a great time and can't wait to go back! Hopefully, it won't take two years, again, lol.

No comments: