Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Day (or two) in the Life

I haven't participated in one of Kelly's Korner blog carnivals in a while, but I thought this was so fun! I know I'm a little late to the party, but oh well, lol......

This week's is "A Day in the Life." Since the past few days have kind of run together, I thought I'd combine.... if you don't mind.


5:30pm - Try to get out of work when I receive a press release on some pretty important information.... the previously sold out Taylor Swift concert for the next night has some seats that just went on sale. Call boss to find out if he wants to buy some for a few major clients that have been hounding us for months.

7:00pm - Finally finish calling Sales Reps, buying tickets, and getting everything in order. Leave work. Go to Target to pick up a few items. Run to Chick-Fil-A.

9:30pm - Go to sleep.


3:30am - Alarm goes off and overnight DJ calls me to make sure I'm awake.

3:40am - Actually get out of bed and into the shower.

4:45am - Arrive at station, pick up van, and head to remote location.

5:00am - Arrive at remote location and set up.

6-10am - Remote

10:30am - Get back to the station, get all of the prizes from the morning and night before organized and down to the front desk.

11am - 1:30pm - Answer emails, draft and send out proposals for upcoming concerts, put together recaps for past promotions, email our PD with a list of airchecks that I need him to get, speak with a really rude lady with our local community theatre, and try to get my Sales reps to get their clients to pick up their tickets.

1:30pm - Try to figure out what I'm going to eat for lunch. After much discussion with my intern, we both decide on a nearby bistro. She kindly runs out to get both of us lunch.

Until 2:30pm - Wrap up some loose ends that need to be taken care of before I can be done for the day.... answer emails and phone calls, draft a proposal for one of our clients, put in a time order and production order for an upcoming promotion.

 2:30pm - Intern arrives back and says it was the longest line and slowest service on the face of the planet. We eat and chat.

3:15pm - Decide that I'm officially done for the day, as I've been up for close to 12 hours and have been working for 10. Begin to get ready for my Girl's Night Out.

4:00pm - Meet with M (at the station) and head out to J's house

4:40pm - Leave J's house

5:45pm - Hit major traffic and stress that we won't get to The Forum in time.

6:00pm - Arrive and breathe a sigh of relief that we'll make it.

6:15pm - Get to the designated area and being our night at the Taylor Swift concert.

11:00pm - Show over, head home.

12:00am - Home..... eat the McDonald's I'd picked up, update Facebook profile picture to me with TS, post teaser blog, wash face, brush teeth, and fall into bed at about 1:15am.


7:15am - Alarm goes off..... hit snooze until 7:40

8:30am - Leave house and head to Starbucks

8:40am - Head away from Starbucks and to work as I get a call that a listener is waiting on their prize (that they won THAT morning)

8:50 am - Get to work and get Mr. Quick-On-The-Draw his prize

9:00 - 10:30 - Get all prizes organized and down to the front desk, talk with a couple of the morning DJs about various ideas they have, gush with M about the night before and how friggin tired we were, send Intern to Starbucks since I never quite made it

10:30 - Gush with J about how great the night before was.

10:45 - 12:30 - Answer emails and phone calls, send off promotion recaps, get all of our St Jude EBay auctions together to mail.

12:30 - 2:00 - Enjoy a super long lunch with one of my friends, Holly. We hadn't seen each other for about 4 years..... it was SO great to catch up!!!

2:15pm - Get back to the station and barely get to see one of our record reps. Give him a hard time.

2:30pm - Call record rep's bluff......... he says that if I show up to the Orlando concert, there will be two tickets waiting for me.

2:35pm - Call Billie Jo and see if she wants to go.

2:40pm - 4:30pm - Frantically get emails answered, contests put together for the next week, and organize some prizes that had come in.

4:30pm - Boss tells me to leave if I'm going to make it in time.

4:40pm - Billie Jo picks me up from work and we head to Orlando (seriously wonder what I'm doing because I'm exhausted...... but, really, who gets this chance?)

6:15pm - Get to the arena, park, and get inside. Get food and find our seats.

7:00pm - Enjoy the WHOLE show as a spectator (lol, no special treatment.... just great free seats)

10:00pm - Leave the show before the encore.

11:30pm - Get back to the station, chat with the evening and overnight DJ, take the van home (remote the next day).


12:30 am - Get home, chat with my family (I'd barely seen them for the past several days)

1:00 am - CRASH

10:00 - Get up and get ready for work

..... that's basically it. Work hard, play hard, lol.

Clearly, my typical day doesn't include Taylor Swift, lol. But, it is usually hectic, scattered, and full of contests/DJs/emails/organizing/meeting people/phone calls. I also try to get to the gym as often as possible and home to watch TV, lol.


Lil' Woman said...

Wow girl, your a busy lady!! :)

Gina said...

You have an exciting life! And I love the wakeup call from the DJ, lol!

Marianne said...

good grief, I am exhausted just reading that. There's no way I could function on that little of sleep. Unless I had an IV of Red Bull.