Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday Questions.... Sunday Questions...... eh, we'll split the difference

I'm a day late for my Friday meme's and Keely did GTYS a day early. So, we'll call it even, lol.



MannLand5's Getting to know YOU



The questions..


1. What has been your most memorable Mother's Day? (with your mom, as a mom, or with your wife)

My senior year of high school, I was in Honduras on Mother's Day. Our senior trip was a mission's trip and was mandatory. For some unknown reason, it was always the weekend of Mother's Day, lol. That was the only time I haven't been with my mom on Mother's Day.

All of us HS kids.... it was all a new thing for us. There was only one phone in our hotel. We had to go to the lobby to be able to dial out long-distance. There was a line out the door of all of us, trying to call our mommies and wish them a happy day, lol. Our teachers took a picture of it and posted it on the blog they were updating daily (you know, so the parents knew we were still alive).



2. Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and were you able to talk your way out of it?

*knock on wood* I've never been pulled over.



3. What's the oldest thing you have hanging in your closet?

Um.... I have no clue. When I moved, I did a pretty big purge, so everything is no more than a few years old.

Wait a minute.... if you count the hall closet.... I still have ALL of my old dance costumes. I danced from age 3 until 25, so there are a LOT of costumes.



4. Do you whiten your teeth?

No, but I'm thinking about it. I'm always told that I have pretty white teeth, but they aren't white-white.

I'm a little nervous about whitening because I already have sensitive teeth. Plus, whitening tooth paste makes my mouth break out.



5. Underwear or Panties..What do you call your "unmentionables"?

Panties



6. If you could go on vacation right now..today..where would you go?

New Mexico to visit my cousin Heidi and her family.



7. Do you get offended when people cuss on their blogs?

Not really. It's like life.... if there's an overabundance, I'll tune them out.

I don't cuss on my blog, but that's mainly because I rarely cuss in life. More than I should, but way less than what's considered "normal."



8. If you had to give up one luxury item, it would be....?
 
No clue.
 
 
 
Fill in the Blank Friday, from The Little Things We Do
 
 
 
1. My favorite book growing up was the "Babysitters Club" series..... "Boxcar Children" series... "Anne of Green Gables" series. I loved books and reading!!

2. The funniest book I've ever read was probably ....... coming up blank. I tend to laugh, cry, get mad, etc while I'm reading, so I can't really think of a straight-up comedy book.

3. The one book that has truly changed my life is ..... again..... coming up blank. This isn't going so well. I promise, I read. I have half a library.... my car trunk is literally full of books. I do read.

4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read "My Sister's Keeper" and "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. I cried and cried.

5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Jane Austen. I'm curious to know if she's really as amazing as I've dreamt her to be in my head. "Pride and Prejudice" is my favorite love story and I'd love to just hang out and pick her brain over a cup of tea ............ (this is a complete copy of Lauren's answer.... I feel the EXACT same way)

6. The next book on my "to read" list is "The Last Song." My friend Meg gave it to me for Christmas and I just haven't had a chance to read it. It's sitting on my nightstand, waiting for me to pick it up, lol.

7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me ..... I'm cheating..... I'd take the Harry Potter series. They are long and HIGHLY entertaining.








1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?

I don't really have any. I have two step-sisters that liked to cause drama, but other than that????

My brother (ten years younger than me) once bit a hole in my pants. I was wearing pajama bottom style pants (remember when those were popular?) and he wouldn't get out of my room. He was in Kindergarten and I was in the 10th grade. As I was holding him by his arms and legs, carrying him out of my room, he just grabbed onto my pants with his teeth. I had these tiny little holes in my pants, lol.

I was so mad, until my mom told him that he couldn't go to the concession stand after school, for two weeks to pay for them. We went to the same K-12 school. I would pick him up from his Kindergarten class (on days I didn't have cheerleading practice) and we would go to the concession stand and buy him a snack. He got a dollar a day to buy a snack. He was so excited every day to go "like the big kids." She told him he couldn't go for two weeks... that $10 would pay for half of the pants. He cried. I cried. I convinced her to cut it down to a week. He was so sad that whole week when he had to pass the concession stand.



2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)

"Sneaking" into an R-rated movie when I was 15? No, really.... that's about as bad as it gets.

Sad, I know.



3. Where do you like to go to relax?

I like my couch, just fine, lol.

I also like Disney. For me, all stress melts away when I'm on Disney property.



4. What was the last thing you won?

I won some candles at a baby shower. I ROCK shower games.



5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?

Celebrity Jeopardy. Of course, I'd have to be a celebrity to get on it. But, I can only answer about 1/4 of the real Jeopardy questions, whereas I can answer about 3/4 of the Celebrity Jeopardy questions.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED the BSC books!

LWLH said...

Disney does have that effect...I just feel happy when I go there.

Amy Lynn said...

I think I read every single BSC book!!! I started with the Little Sister series, and moved up. lol... Oh, and I totally agree with the Celebrity Jeopardy questions. I always feel so much smarter when I play along with the Celebs. lol.

Gina said...

You've never been pulled over????

I still read BSC books. Well, let me explain. I push into one of my students' classrooms and sometimes it is during silent reading time. To model what to do, I grab books and read too. And I ALWAYS choose BSC books. They are silly now, but bring back great memories.

Erin said...

Fun questions as always! I think I may just borrow some of these fun questions (again!). Hope your having a fabulous Monday!!! :)