Monday, May 10, 2010

Mission Monkey Minute

Ian has dedicated this week's Monday Minute to his friend's daughter Monkey......
 
Photobucket
 
 
1 - How old do you act?

I guess my age..... sometimes way older (I can be a grandma, sometimes) and sometimes way younger.



2 - As far back as you can remember, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I've always wanted to be in entertainment....... a dancer, an actress, a director, a singer........ those were all options in my mind. As long as it was in entertainment, I wanted it, lol.



3 - If you were to write a book based on your life, what would the title be?

Not quite.....



4 - What's something that you do that's considered "childish" by most?

Well, I still live at home. That's probably one, lol..... granted, it works for all of us, but whatever.



5 - The last question isn't a question. Write a story of a time of when you or someone you know overcame great adversity.

I've already told this story, but.........

More my mom than me........ I was born with my intestines wrapped around organs and tied in knots. When I was 9 days old, I had to have surgery to correct it. In 1983, there were 12 babies born with my condition and only 3 of us lived. Needless to say, it was a very serious situation and it was a long time before I was out of the woods.

Now, I'm hardly able to take credit for "fighting it out." But, my parents certainly went through the wringer. I was their first and only child together. I can't imagine what they went through while I was sick.

4 comments:

Kelly and Sara said...

Cute blog! Hope you had a great weekend!
http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

Salt said...

You definitely sound like you were a little fighter when you were a baby! That's pretty much the greatest adversity story I've read all day!

Found you via Ian. Love your blog!

LWLH said...

I live at home too now....no shame! :)

Ally said...

Following you from Ian's Daily Dose. Thanks for participating. Praying for Monkey and Michelle's family :(

FourthGradeNothing.com