Apparently, I'm all about hodge podge posts! Don't forget to check out my 300th post giveaway!
First of all...........
I hope your day is filled with foreworks, yummy food, and a love for this great country!!!
1. What do you look forward to the most on the 4th of July?
FIREWORKS!!! I love them!
This year, I also looked forward to eating whatever I want. I've been SUPER strict about my diet and how many calories I eat everyday. I promised myself that I could eat whatever I wanted and not count calories on July 4th, lol.
2. Are you a hugger?
Yes, but I probably don't come across that way.
3. What is your favorite BBQ'd food?
Ribs and Pulled Pork......... YUM!!!
4. Do you like to watch parades?
I do! I like being in them, too, lol.
Funny thing about the South (or, at least Florida)......... we don't tend to have parades in the summer. Whereas I see that lots of people attend 4th of July parades, we don't have them. Usually, because it's too hot and/or too rainy. Our parades take place in the winter.
5. Who has stinkier farts..boys or girls?
6. Vampires or Werewolves?
I like them both, lol.
7. Do you read your horoscope?
Sometimes, but just for fun, lol.
8. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Vanilla....... Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.... Banana Split
..... Because I'm in a mood to do them, lol............
Lauren's Fill in the Blanks
1. This weekend for The 4th of July I'll be hanging out and not working! Yesterday was kind of a bum-around day. Today, we went to church and out to lunch. We'll cookout later and if it's not raining, go see the fireworks display.
2. Fireworks are completely AWESOME! I love them. I hated them when I was little...... in fact, until I was about 10, I would watch them from inside. They were always pretty to me, but they were loud and I was afraid one would land on me and I'd catch on fire (I've always been overly cautious, lol).
3. Nothing says summer like ice cream, baseball games, watermelon, Kenny Chesney, So You Think You Can Dance, Big Brother, Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed with Chicken salad, heat, humidity, BIG rain storms, boiled peanuts on the side of the road, heat, humidity, and so much more.
4. My favorite summer memory is visiting my family in Colorado, going to LA with my friends, and cheerleading camp.
5. My favorite thing about summer is everything in the #3 answer, except for the heat and humidity, lol.
6. Summer in a word is LAZY (and I love it!).
7. If I could choose to have summer or winter year round I'd pick winter. While I like summer, I definitely prefer when it's not so hot and humid.
Mama M's 5QF
1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
Summers off, lol. I really miss that.
I also miss having my best friends around me all the time..... slumber parties, movie nights, lunch at school, cheerleading..... they were with me all the time.
2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
I am! They are the friends I'm talking about.
I have awesome friends, in general, but they don't quite know me like my friends from high school do. We're all trying to reconnect, though......... after 4 of us got together in June, we're going to try to establish a bimonthly meeting. July 22nd is our next!
3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?
D-bag......... I hate that word. People use it all the time and it drives me crazy.
I also hate it when people say, "You deserve better" or "It's his loss." I understand the sentiment and that they are trying to make you feel better. However, I always want to be like, "Well, if I deserve better than why don't I get to choose whether or not we are together? Why does HE get to choose? And, while it may be his loss, it's MY loss, too."
4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?
The Statue of Liberty........ I feel like it's a guard, making sure that everyone that comes to our country knows who we are and what we stand for.
5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans?
See above, lol
Weekly Workout Blog - Week 56
Sunday - 15 mins Elliptical and 45 mins Treadmill
Monday - Curves
Tuesday - Curves
Wednesday - Curves
Thursday - 15 mins Elliptical and 50 mins Treadmill
Friday - Curves
Saturday - 20 mins Elliptical and 50 mins Treadmill
GO ME!!!!!! As I also worked out Friday and Saturday of last week, I worked out 9 days in a row. I don't plan on making it a habit (neither healthy all the time nor very practical)..... It was just something that hit me and I went for it. I AM taking today and probably tomorrow off, though.
Goals for this upcoming week:
- Track ALL food
- Curves at least 3 times (this is in line with a Challenge they're having at the gym)
- Treadmill/Walk at least twice
- Elliptical at least once
Bonus points if.....
- I make it to a Zumba class.
- I do pilates.