I'm so exhausted. More on that later........................
Mama M's 5QF.....
1. What's on the top of your holiday wish list and why?!
I don't really have anything on my wish list, this year! I mean, there are things I'd like, but I can't say there is anything I'm just dying to receive.
Mainly, I would just like to spend time with my friends and family....... especially the ones I don't see often.
2. What is your favorite Christmas gift from the past?
I remember when I was like 3 or 4, I got a Barbie Mansion with a pull-string elevator. That was so awesome, lol.
Also, my step-dad Mike would always get me something electronic.... a TV for my room, a sewing machine, a new cellphone, etc. The last Christmas before he died, he got me a DVD recorder. Confession..... I've never used it. He would always hook up whatever he got me. That last year, he got too sick too fast to have time to do it and he died in March. It just made me too sad to do it myself or have someone else do it.
Last Christmas, I got a one-hour phone call from a certain someone. That was the best part of my day.
3. If you had life to do over, what would you be when you grow up?
I'd get skinnier faster and audition to be a Rockette. Or, to be on a soap opera.
Other than that, I'd probably do the same thing I'm doing now.
4. When do you put up your tree?
As soon after Thanksgiving as possible. Tree went up on Saturday, this year. Lights just went on tonight. Hopefully, ornaments will be sometime this weekend.
I may or may not have a small tabletop tree in my room that stays up all year long. Allegedly.
5. What is your favorite Holiday?
Then, my birthday (which is clearly a holiday).
1. Holiday spirit makes me SO happy. I love it! Even this week, when I've been in the dolldrums, I've been working up as much Christmas cheer as possible.
2. The holidays are incomplete without a full viewing of all my favorite Christmas movies, at least one White Peppermint Mocha Frap from Starbucks, driving around to look at lights, and the Christmas Eve service at church.
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays is all of the above, plus I love to go to all the Disney parks and as many resorts as possible. Disney goes all out for Christmas and I love heading out there to see it!
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is going to eat dinner at Chili's on Christmas Eve (after the service). It's a long story of how that got started, but we do it and love it. Also, we make it a point to make a night out of going to ICE! at Gaylord Palms. We do all the normal ones, too, but those are two slightly unique traditions.
5. Holiday music is AWESOME!!! I adore it. Starting on Black Friday, I almost exclusively listen to this one station that plays only Christmas music until Christmas. It isn't one of my stations, but it just makes me happy!! I get so sad when it goes back to regular music.
6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays at home. This will be the last Christmas with everyone living at home, so I'm looking forward to enjoying it to the fullest.
7. Holiday wish list ...... as I said above, I don't really know. I mean, there are things I really, really want, but aren't realistic. So, they don't count.