Friday, December 31, 2010

Good-bye 2010...............

First thing's first..............

Happy Birthday, Trevor!!!!!!!!!!!!









Happy 18th Birthday, Trevor!!!!!

I REALLY canNOT believe Trev is 18. I feel so old.


Now, to 2010............

I honestly canNOT believe the year is over. This is insane to me.


2010 has been an interesting year, for sure. So interesting that I can't really put into words how I feel about seeing it go.

I've learned alot, that's for sure. I've grown and changed, and yet stayed the same (it's a cliche for a reason!).


Quick review, shall we?.................

I went to St. Jude and gained some serious perspective.


I met Taylor Swift, Colbie Caillat, Tim McGraw, Little Big Town, Brooks & Dunn, Brad Paisley, and Lady Antebellum, plus a whole lot of lesser known people.

My brother has some scary things happen, but we all got through it and he's doing well.

I was there for the INSANE grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I had some struggles with two close friends (also coworkers).

I attempted to play softball.

I had my first-ever Bloggy Weekend!!!

I turned 27.

I went on my first cruise!


I also set some goals for the last 2 1/2 months of the year. Now comes the time to review and confess.......

1) Complete the Couch 2 5K program - Um, no. I'm currently working on the J25K program, instead of the C25K. This Fall/Holiday Season was just way too insane. I'm still making progress, but I'm not completed.

2) Keep losing weight - I have!! I officially get weighed and measured in a week, so I don't know HOW much. However, I do know I weigh less than I did 2 1/2 months ago.

3) Reorganize - Still working on it! Again, the holidays aren't necessarily the best time to be doing a whole bunch of cleaning/reorganizing, but I've made MAJOR strides. My interns spent weeks teasing me because everytime they walked into my office, something was different. I'll call it a success-in-progress.
4) Be ok doing things alone - Also a work in progress, but I have taken a few opportunities to do things by myself. I'm gradually becoming more and more comfortable with it.
5) Volunteer at church - A big ole CHECK!!!!! I'm so excited by the things I've done in the past couple months. I even volunteered for something that didn't quite work out, but I'll count that as effort made. This Christmas, I did a lot of volunteering and loved it!
6) Stop thinking about men - That's right. I'm swearing off men for the rest of the year. As in, I'm done trying to flirt or "hang out" or over-analyzing every word, text, FB chat, etc, etc, etc. I'm done posting about The Guy or Fun Distraction or any other guy that comes my way. I'm done talking about them. I'm done whining about being single. Done, done, done. For the rest of 2010, I'm embracing the single and putting all thoughts/actions regarding the opposite sex out of my head. This may mean that on January 1st, you'll be getting a 50,000 word post about all of the above...... so, enjoy the two and a half month break :).

So, I left my explanation of #6 up there and I'm not making any confessions, just yet.

Marianne spent two and a half hours on the phone with me about this very thing, just a couple nights ago, lol.

Gina and I have had a couple powwows, too.

A couple of my "IRL" friends were my accountibility partners and cheered me on.

So, there is a post coming.

Until then, have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

No comments: