400 posts. Wow. That's a lot.
In my next post there will be some info on a giveaway that I'm doing, but first..............
Since I started this blog, I've posted goals for myself to try to achieve before the next birthday. This year is no exception. However, I have some other goals for the more recent future.
I'm working on me. Just everything about me. It's no secret that I need to move forward in my life. I've made progress, but need to step it up. It's also no secret that I'm tired of being single. Well, I'm obviously single for a reason, so I'm going to use this time to get me together.
See, everyone tells you, "Enjoy it! You're footloose and fancy-free. You don't have anyone to answer to! You'll see once you're in a serious relationship just how much you'll miss parts of your single days."
I'm sure all of that is true. I'm sure the grass is greener on the other side.
But, I'll remind you of a few disadvantages of being single..........
1) You actually do answer to someone. - Several someones, actually. All of YOUR boyfriends, fiances, husbands, and kids, to be exact. When you literally only have ONE single girlfriend that lives nearby, you have to plan your get-togethers around what everyone else has going on. Yeah, I can get up and go to Disney World on a whim, without asking anyone else's opinion or plans. However, Disney World isn't all that much fun by yourself, people.
2) You have to endure the constant "does he like me" question. - Have I mentioned how much I hate dating? Or the whole flirting game? I like flirting with someone that I know likes me back. I like spending time with someone that I know wants to spend time with me. I hate all the trying to figure it out.
3) When you go solo, you're actually solo. - When you have a regular partner, it's ok to go places by yourself. Because you're not really the single one..... your plus one just couldn't make it. To be really single at events, kind of sucks.
Admittedly, I've been in a bit of a funk, lately. I'm just super tired of the uncertainty and loneliness. I've been working on a lot of things.... and making great progress.... but, there's been this overwhelming feeling that trails it. I need to focus.
So, I'm drafting a plan........ a "Jessica Is Moving Forward" plan........ that I hope to accomplish before the end of the year.
1) Complete the Couch 2 5K program - I'm on Week 2 and have to repeat the week because I only got two days done this week. I want to keep it up and complete it before Christmas.
2) Keep losing weight - If I do #1, this should happen, by extension. I'm on the right track, I need to stay on it.
3) Reorganize - my office (you saw it.... it's way better than it was, but not where it should be), my car, my room, my closet, my draft folder for my blog. I need to get rid of the clutter.
4) Be ok doing things alone - I'm pretty independent, but definitely don't like doing certain things by myself. For instance, if a friend cancels out on going to dinner or a movie, I'll just stay home. Well, I am done with that. This weekend, I got stood up on some movie plans...... for the second weekend in a row (by different people). Last weekend, I just stayed home. This weekend, I went to the movie, anyway. Then, I went to see ANOTHER movie by myself. It's not my favorite way to see a movie, but it works and I felt pretty good about myself, afterwards. In the next 2 1/2 months, I need to take opportunities to do things completely by myself that I normally would only do if I had friends with me.
5) Volunteer at church - Over the past couple of weeks, some volunteer opportunities have come up that would be perfect for me. To be honest, I've been resisting because I'm afraid of the time commitment. Well, I'm done with that. One opportunity passed me by and I felt guilty about it. A second opportunity has come up that I'm looking into before jumping in. A third opportunity is something I've done for the past three years and really only requires a few evenings in November, from me. A fourth opportunity is linked to the third opportunity...... it's an event our church does for the community and has grown into something huge. I've shyed away from actually volunteering for the event because it's the first two weekends in December and that's an INSANE time, at work. They started asking for volunteers, this morning. Over the two weekends, they need about 550 people helping out. I decided this morning that I will commit to one of those weekends..... work can just deal with it.
6) Stop thinking about men - That's right. I'm swearing off men for the rest of the year. As in, I'm done trying to flirt or "hang out" or over-analyzing every word, text, FB chat, etc, etc, etc. I'm done posting about The Guy or Fun Distraction or any other guy that comes my way. I'm done talking about them. I'm done whining about being single. Done, done, done. For the rest of 2010, I'm embracing the single and putting all thoughts/actions regarding the opposite sex out of my head. This may mean that on January 1st, you'll be getting a 50,000 word post about all of the above...... so, enjoy the two and a half month break :).
There you go. There's my plan.
I'm telling you all about it, so that I can be accountible. It may seem cheesy or over-dramatic, but hopefully, writing it down will help. I'm putting my focus on other things.