Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Stealing and Day 21


1. What inspires you to blog?

Other blogs originally inspired me to blog. I loved the idea of documenting/scrapbooking/journaling my life this way.

Anything and everything inspires me.......... random thoughts that run through my head, different events/occasions, things I'm going through, my friends and family, etc.



2. What’s the best thing about blogging, for you?

Two things:

1) I've met some really awesome people and made some really great friends!

2) Years from now, I have events, emotions, and thoughts documented. I'll be able to come back to this blog and remember what I did and what I've been through :)



3. What is your favourite book of all time?

Pride and Prejudice and Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Very different books, but I love them!



4. It’s 9pm and for some reason you’ve been hungry all day, despite the three square meals. What do you rustle up?

Um, hopefully something healthy. I try.

Otherwise, a cookie.



5. Who are three of your style icons?

Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Aniston, and Taylor Swift



6. What’s your current favourite song/piece of music?

I am currently OBSESSED with Taylor Swift's new album. I've listened to it no less than 2 dozen times. I'm not kidding. 

Expect a full post about it tomorrow or Tuesday.



7. What is the last book you read?

An American Wife - The fictional book, based on Laura Bush's life.

I'm very slowly making my way through Laura Bush's autobiography (because of my own time limitations).

Honestly, I found myself relating to the author's perception of Laura. I'll be interested to see if I feel the same way once I've read the autobiography.



8. What is your current favourite recipe?

I would have to cook in order to have a favorite recipe and I don't currently do that.



9. Who or what first inspired you to set up your own blog?

See #1



10. What object could you not live without?

My cell phone.



11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Hopefully, married with a couple of kids.

Beyond that, I don't know.



12. Who or what made you into the person you are today?

Lots of things, obviously.

The main thing I'll attribute to who I am........... A lot of sad and scary things have happened in my life. In several ways, I grew up fast. At the same time, I've also been protected and sheltered. It sounds like an oxymoron, but it's not.

I can seem naive and innocent. In some ways, I probably am. But, I still know and get the bad stuff. Several people assume that I've led a charmed life and don't know what the "real world" is like. They're wrong..... I do know about the sadness and ugliness and loneliness that, unfortunately, lives in this world. It's just that I have plenty of love and support to get me through it........... that makes me very blessed.



13. What have your learned from blogging?

I've learned about other people. I like how bloggers just write what they feel. It makes for an interesting case study on people, I think.

I've also learned a lot about myself. When you're reflective enough to write something down, you are already being more open than alot of people are, imo. Then, when you make yourself go back and read it, it allows you to take a step back and really learn what it is that makes you tick. Sometimes, I'll be typing along on my computer and have a complete revelation as to what it is I'm really thinking, lol.



14. Knowing what you know now, what knowledge would you pass on to your past self?

I don't know if "knowledge" is the right word. There is different pieces of advice I'd give.

Mainly, I'd tell myself to "Speak Now." Don't wait to say the things you want to say. Once the moment passes, you'll regret not saying it. More often than not, I hold my tongue. I probably save myself a lot of grief, but I've done a lot of regretting the things I didn't say, too.



15. Sunday roasts - lunchtime or evening meal?

Um, either. Roast is good, at any time.



16. What has been your best blogging-related experience so far?

Meeting my Florida bloggers, in person :)

Also, gaining a couple of really awesome friends that have loved on me, even from states and states away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 21 - Picture of Yourself


 
This is me. Not looking so hot. Acting stupid.
 
I'm trying to be ok with taking pictures of myself that aren't "perfect."
 
Not to worry..... I still have the picture pose and will use it 99% of the time. These bad shots are just for the times when I'm expanding my horizons.
 

 



3 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

That's my fav self portrait ever!

Marianne said...

OMG! I don't think that looks like you at all!!! Shoot, I wish I looked that good without makeup!

10 years from now we better be married with a couple kids. Ya hear us, Lord?

Sarah said...

LoL Hilarious. And I ADORE Pride and Prejudice. very cool :)