Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Stealing and WWB




Emily's Rules:

1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.

2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why.

3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.

4. You only have one "date" with this former self.

5. Answer these questions.



Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?

It's 1995 and I'm 12. That would make me 7th grade.

 

1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?

Probably..... I basically look the same, just older. I'm the same height...... close to the same weight..... better hair, but same color.


2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?

Surprised, yes, because I never thought about radio. It never even crossed my mind. I think my younger self (MYS) would be surprised..... really excited because I do have a cool and exciting job. Probably a little disappointed that I'm not a Rockette or working on a soap opera, lol.


3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?

I don't claim to have the best fashion sense now, but I'd show MYS a few pictures and warn against those particular outfits.

 

4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?

Most definitely, MYS would want to know what I was doing for a living. More importantly, she'd want to know if I was married by that point........ if I had any kids........ if I ever got together with T...... if I liked college..... how many times I'd been in love.... what was he like and how would I know.... what my greatest accomplishment was....... what my greatest adventure was......


5. How would you answer YYS's question?

As follows.......  no..... no.... no.... yes (but work on liking it more).... 1.... amazing, unlike anyone you would have imagined, and you'll just know.... lots of things, just keep it up...... so many, keep it up.


6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?

I answered this last week, but......

 As much as you hate the gym, start going NOW. Go at least three times a week and save your 27-year old self the hassle of losing so much weight.

Don't stress about boys. They aren't worth it............ Oh, and, you most certainly won't end up with T, that you're so crazy about, but it will be ok. You'll see why.... as great of a guy as he is (and truly, he is) he isn't for you.

Cherish your friendships and your friends....... you do a pretty good job of it and always have, but keep it up.



7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?

I wouldn't tell MYS specifics. Knowing me (younger and present) I'd stress and obsess and wonder. My main message is that life will be fine and to just enjoy the ride.



8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?

Lots of things, I'm sure, lol. Mainly, that I'm not married, yet. Being raised in the South, it's always assumed that you'll be married young.

 

9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?

I don't know........

 

10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?

Yes and no..... I have a great life. I'm sure that MYS would want to see it. At the same time, my life isn't what I thought it would be when I was 12, lol.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Weekly Workout Blog - Week 68


Sunday - Nothing

Monday - Curves, 15 mins Elliptical, and 30 mins Treadmill

Tuesday - Nothing... worked late and my step-sister's birthday

Wednesday - Nothing..... worked waaaayyyyy late

Thursday - Curves, 15 mins Ellitptical, and 45 mins Treadmill

Friday - Nothing..... I walked all over Universal, though.

Saturday - Nothing..... though, I did walk all over Epcot AND Magic Kingdom.


Big, fat FAIL. I get weighed and measured on Friday..... not looking forward to it. This past month has not been good.

2 comments:

LWLH said...

I love the YYS meme....I might steal that :)

Nancy Hood said...

Hey :) talked with Lynne Saturday and she told me that she's returning with Tony and the twins this coming Thursday. She's worried about Tony, the grief, and responsibility of raising twins. Do you attend the same congregation as he? Do give them a hug for me :) they are such a beautiful family and we will sorely miss Susan.