Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3

Day 3 - Your first love

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you've read about "The Guy." And, you're probably tired of reading about him. However, I didn't write the subjects for this Blog Challenge, so just bear with me.

He's it.

There was a guy that I cared a lot about in high school, but that obviously didn't work out. He was one of my best friends and I still care about him, even though we haven't seen or spoken to one another in over 5 years. The last time I saw him was at the movies with his now-wife. They're cute together and absolutely perfect for one another.

That guy was definitely my high school love. I can't say it was a "school girl crush" because it went deeper than that, but it wasn't what I feel for TG.

Anyway, for anyone just coming into the fray.........

My first love is a guy that is called (on this blog) "The Guy."

Four and a half years ago, he literally walked into the room I was in and I thought to myself, "Uh-oh.... I may be in trouble with this one." and I was right.

He's annoying, he's frustrating, he's confusing, he's hysterical, he's ADD, he's caring, and he knows me without even trying.

He loves ketchup to an absurd degree and laughs when I try not to throw up while sitting across the table. He hates The Notebook and will argue with me for hours that it's not one of the greatest movies/love stories ever. He does a mad rendition of "Bust A Move." He thinks my fear of rats is one of the funniest things ever and knows exactly how to get me started about them. He sent out Christmas cards for the very first time in his life, last year, and was so happy that I was proud of him for the effort. He likes being the alpha male, but can't make a decision on where to eat and wants me to decide.

He's "Tigger" as I call him..........




He has a smile (and fear of commitment) like George Clooney. He likes this comparison about as much as he likes the Tigger comparison, lol..........




And, due to a lot of circumstances, he's not really in my life, anymore.

Moreso than he was a few months ago, but not like he was a year ago.

I'm working on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope things work out the way you want them to.

Kelly and Sara said...

Everything happens for a reason!

Shannon Morgan said...

This is so refreshing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Shannon @ http:smo-hiptobesquare.blogspot.com