Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 1 and 2



Several people around the blogosphere are joining Katie in the 30 Day Blog Challenge. I had a lot of fun with the Song Challenge, so I'm going to try this one!


Here are the blog topics (posted so I don't forget them!):

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name

Day 3-Your first love

Day 4-Your parents

Day 5-Your siblings

Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy

Day 7-Favorite movies

Day 8-A place you've traveled to

Day 9-A picture of your friends

Day 10-Something you're afraid of

Day 11-Favorite tv shows

Day 12-What you believe

Day 13-Goals

Day 14-A picture you love

Day 15-Bible verse

Day 16-Dream house

Day 17-Something you're looking forward to

Day 18-Something you regret

Day 19-Something you miss

Day 20-Nicknames

Day 21-Picture of yourself

Day 22-Favorite city

Day 23-Favorite vacation

Day 24-Something you've learned

Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

Day 26-Picture of your family

Day 27-Pets

Day 28-Something that stresses you out

Day 29-3 Wishes

Day 30-a picture

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 - Introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts



My name is Jess and the above picture was taken by a three year old, lol.

Here are 15 facts (some interesting, some notsomuch) about me.......

  1. I'm 27 and a native Central Floridan.
  2. I've lived in the same city my entire life.
  3. I'm a self-proclaimed Disney fanatic. I *heart* anything Disney and have no problems acting just like a kid when the Mouse is in the air.
  4. Despite my love for Mickey Mouse, I hate all other rodents. I've made a declaration that any new residence I move into will first be inhabited by DeCon pellets. That way, any rodents will die before I realize they're there.
  5. I hate condiments..... mustard, mayo, and ketchup. In fact, our receptionist threw away a plate that had ketchup on it, today, under her desk. As I was writing something down, I literally started gagging from the smell.
  6. I've never seen the process of "snowing." Only once it's hit the ground and been there for a while.
  7. I took dance for over 20 years (and taught for much of that time), including minoring in Dance/Theatre in college.
  8. I *heart* George Clooney. Like, big time.
  9. I don't eat hotdogs.
  10. Despite living in Florida my entire life, I'm not overly fond of the beach. Call it overkill from a childhood full of sand, sun, and sunscreen. That said, I am not sure I could live away from water.
  11. I want to live in NYC for two years. Just to say I did.
  12. TV is an addiction to me. I'm ok with this.
  13. One day, I want to get married and have a great, big wedding. I realize the marriage is the most important..... I want that, too..... but I just want one day of being a princess.
  14. I collect keychains from every place I go.
  15. I have a "mild" Vera Bradley obsession.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2 - Meaning behind your blog name

I wrote this the first day I started this blog, in my second post.............


Why did I choose the title "All-American Jess?"


Well, I've been called an "All-American Girl" or a "Good Girl" a lot, lately. My friend Ashley and I were talking about it and how it's almost used as an insult. It really is..... I mean, I'm hardly perfect or innocent. But, I do tend to make pretty good choices.

Some people I know in my "current" life don't realize that having come from a Christan school, I grew up with people a lot better than me, lol. I grew up watching soap operas, Friends, and Dawson's Creek.... that made me a rebel, to some people's thinking, lol. So, it baffles me when I'm considered to be all sweet and innocent.

Also, there are people I know that are a lot more positive and nice. I am moody. I can be very cynical and sarcastic. There are dozens of people that come to mind that are sweeter than pie and are sooooo happy and encouraging.

So, while I don't tend to think of myself that way, that's the way people perceive me, I guess.

And, I'm deciding to try to not only live up to it, but think of it as a compliment.

We'll see how that goes, lol.........

3 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

So glad that you are participating with us Jess!

Marianne said...

2. Me too, sort of. Aside from college in Ohio/Hawaii. But my permanent residence has always been here.

4. Get this. In the summer we were cleaning out the attic and I kept kneeling on a couch, leaning over it and it would rock a little and I'd hear this high pitched squeal every time. Um, a couple weeks ago my mom found a dead mouse under the couch cushion in the EXACT spot I was. It still gives me the willies!

5. (not something we have in common) WTF?! YOU HATE KETCHUP?

6. You know how much I hate cold weather, but I will say, the first snow of the season always puts a smile on my face! And lots of snow on the ground and mor coming down on Christmas morning is about as picturesque Americana as you can get. Otherwise, it's over-rated.

8. He can have my virginity. And his gf is stunning.

11. Let's do it together. Always been a dream of mine!

12. Ditto. My bitch roommate from junior year was trying to talk trash about me to a girl moving into my house senior year and all she had to say about me was, "She watches way too much TV." Really? If that's the worst thing you can say about me then I'm OK with that.

13. My wedding will be huge. I don't have a choice. Too many people I HAVE to invite. And who doesn't want to throw a huge party?

LWLH said...

I'm not a fan of condiments either....I do like ketchup tho.