Several people around the blogosphere are joining Katie in the 30 Day Blog Challenge. I had a lot of fun with the Song Challenge, so I'm going to try this one!
Here are the blog topics (posted so I don't forget them!):
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
Day 1 - Introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts
My name is Jess and the above picture was taken by a three year old, lol.
Here are 15 facts (some interesting, some notsomuch) about me.......
- I'm 27 and a native Central Floridan.
- I've lived in the same city my entire life.
- I'm a self-proclaimed Disney fanatic. I *heart* anything Disney and have no problems acting just like a kid when the Mouse is in the air.
- Despite my love for Mickey Mouse, I hate all other rodents. I've made a declaration that any new residence I move into will first be inhabited by DeCon pellets. That way, any rodents will die before I realize they're there.
- I hate condiments..... mustard, mayo, and ketchup. In fact, our receptionist threw away a plate that had ketchup on it, today, under her desk. As I was writing something down, I literally started gagging from the smell.
- I've never seen the process of "snowing." Only once it's hit the ground and been there for a while.
- I took dance for over 20 years (and taught for much of that time), including minoring in Dance/Theatre in college.
- I *heart* George Clooney. Like, big time.
- I don't eat hotdogs.
- Despite living in Florida my entire life, I'm not overly fond of the beach. Call it overkill from a childhood full of sand, sun, and sunscreen. That said, I am not sure I could live away from water.
- I want to live in NYC for two years. Just to say I did.
- TV is an addiction to me. I'm ok with this.
- One day, I want to get married and have a great, big wedding. I realize the marriage is the most important..... I want that, too..... but I just want one day of being a princess.
- I collect keychains from every place I go.
- I have a "mild" Vera Bradley obsession.
Day 2 - Meaning behind your blog name
I wrote this the first day I started this blog, in my second post.............
Why did I choose the title "All-American Jess?"
Well, I've been called an "All-American Girl" or a "Good Girl" a lot, lately. My friend Ashley and I were talking about it and how it's almost used as an insult. It really is..... I mean, I'm hardly perfect or innocent. But, I do tend to make pretty good choices.
Some people I know in my "current" life don't realize that having come from a Christan school, I grew up with people a lot better than me, lol. I grew up watching soap operas, Friends, and Dawson's Creek.... that made me a rebel, to some people's thinking, lol. So, it baffles me when I'm considered to be all sweet and innocent.
Also, there are people I know that are a lot more positive and nice. I am moody. I can be very cynical and sarcastic. There are dozens of people that come to mind that are sweeter than pie and are sooooo happy and encouraging.
So, while I don't tend to think of myself that way, that's the way people perceive me, I guess.
And, I'm deciding to try to not only live up to it, but think of it as a compliment.
We'll see how that goes, lol.........