Friday, October 8, 2010

The Friday Edition of "I Need To Clean My Office"

 I've talked before about how I'm anal-retentive and very organized, only it's a "messy organization." I have piles and stacks........... those piles and stacks look like a disaster, but are very strategically placed. I know where everything is, even if it looks crazy.

On the flip side, when I'm organizing for someone else, it's immaculate...... very neat and tidy.

I will eventually get to a place where the mess gets on my nerves. Where I need to purge and tidy and generally make things look as organized as they actually are.

One look at my office proves that time has, in fact, come.................


Folders, sticky notes, multiple pens and Sharpies.........




Stacks and stacks of paper.... clothes that aren't mine (DJs' that were ruined by the cleaners).....




Under-desk storage...........




A big filing cabinet that, from the looks of it, doesn't hold anything but random dolls..... 2 of 4 calendars on the wall that are SUPER necessary..........




More boxes...... more stacks..... and one lone chair for guests (ie, interns and coworkers.... I bring NO ONE of importance into my office)......




An aerial view (note the four cups and three bottles of hand sanitizer)......





Despite needing to update the pictures, I actually like this wall.....




Yeah, it's time to clean. Big time.

In my defense, the constant rotation of papers, prizes, and general crap doesn't leave a lot of room for tidiness.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

OMG. I just got really overwhelmed. Can I come organize it for you? I love that stuff! Especially buying storage containers, etc!

Brittany Ann said...

Whoa nelly! Although, office-wise, I totally get like that myself!

Gina said...

That's messy? ;)

Sonya said...

I can keep things at my house pretty organized for the most part but I have the most trouble at school! I feel like no matter what I do, it's still out of control! I think part of it is just that I have so much stuff that I probably don't need. Things are organized to me even if it doesn't look like it to others, but I'm still not happy with it!

Anonymous said...

From my experience, that looks like a typical promotions person's office to me! LOL!