Sunday, September 9, 2012

Insanity - Week 1

I started the Insanity program this week. Basically, I just know that I need something extreme for this last 25ish lbs. Plus, I need to firm up in the trouble areas and from what I've heard, this program will do just that.

Here are my thoughts.........

- After the first day.... as in, just the Fit Test..... I could barely move the next day. It hurt so bad.

- I ended up having to take a day off in the middle of the week. While my muscles were hurting less, I could tell that they were reaching a point of unhealthy exhaustion. Thanks to my cheerleading days, I'm pretty aware of the difference between "good tired and sore" and "dangerous tired and sore."

- This program is aptly named. It is INSANE.

- Some stuff I just can't do, at this point. Push-ups, mainly. I have a lot of shoulder strength (again, cheerleading... I was a base), but not a lot of pectoral strength. Right now, I'm modifying the push-up moves to try to build my strength there before going all Insane.

- One thing I do like is that just as you are getting tired of a set of intervals, he changes it up.

- It is both encouraging and discouraging that the people in the video can't keep up with Shaun T. Encouraging because then I don't feel so bad when I have to take a breath. Discouraging because if professional fitness buffs can't keep up, how in the world am I going to be able to keep up, lol?

- If Week One is any indication, I may end up extending the first phase. It is supposed to be be four weeks, a week of recovery, and then move into four weeks of more intensity. I think I may go 5 or 6 weeks before moving on.

No comments: