July 7th: Things That Make You Smile - Y'all love making lists right?
So, there are tons of things that I like. Lots of people that make me smile/laugh/happy. For this, I am going with a list of things that make me smile in the reminiscent way. Like, my heart doesn't necessarily burst with sudden happiness, but I think back on the moment and literally just smile. Does that make sense?
1) Fireworks...... They are so pretty and nostalgic.
2) Cupcake and brownies.... They are just good.
3) Lydia.... That child is a constant source of joy.
4) Thunderstorms that I don't have to go out in. I'm a native Floridian and thunderstorms are like a balm to my soul.
5) When FD does something that I know he is doing because he knows me really well. Like, the other day when I was telling a story to him and his sister. I got interrupted by one of their dogs freaking out by someone passing by. A couple minutes later, he asked, "Were you done with your story?"... I was and said I was. A little while later, it hit me that he asked that because he knows how frustrated I get with constantly being interrupted (it happens a lot in our building). I wasn't saying anything important, but it made me smile to realize that he was making sure I felt validated.
6) New car smell..... I love that smell.
7) The feeling of Fall. We don't get a lot of it in Florida, but it just makes me feel warm and happy.
8) Clean sheets on a comfy bed.