Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Randomness..........

First of all......... Thanks for the sweet, encouraging words (and, Marianne, for the sweet, encouraging.... lonnnngggg phone call) yesterday. It was just what I needed. :) Still contemplating a few things, but overall MUCH better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes, a great piece of cake is just worth the points/calories. Yesterday afternoon, we had a bridal shower for a co-worker. They ordered in from my FAVORITE bakery in town. I. Couldn't. Pass. Up. the cake they ordered. Couldn't do it. It was so good and so worth the points when I logged them in.

For those of you from The South......... I am not a fan of Publix cakes. They are not special. They are fine for school birthday parties or for simple celebrations, but for weddings or showers? No thank you. I don't care that they charge you $300 more and say they use a special batter........ the cakes taste like every single cake you've ever had from there.

So, when there is cake from a bakery that's not from Publix? I'm on it like white on rice.

Just to note....... I do actually love Publix. I just don't like their cakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank goodness for FB. Yesterday, I had an incident where I had tickets that I bought and no longer needed. Long story short, I posted it on the good ole F-B and within 5 minutes, I had three people willing to buy them from me.

Thank you, Mark Zuckerburg.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My two days in the sun without burning has convinced me to try to get a tan for the wedding I'm in at the end of the month.

Wish me luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Going back to the cake thing, for a second......

Why, at showers, do people plan food that has mayo in it?

Brittany's shower aside (because there was plenty to eat that didn't have mayo), every shower I've been to in the last year has been made up of mayo-filled food.

I hate mayo.

Chicken salad sandwiches.......... Broccoli, cheese, and bacon salad....... Egg Salad..... Potato Salad..... Pasta Salad (and not the good kind with Italian dressing)......... Wraps with mayo...... Seven Layer Salad with mayo.

No joke, the only things I eat at those things are fruit and cake. Because, those are the only things without mayo.

Which is why I justify the cake, actually.

Just be forewarned....... Any shower of mine will not be mayo-filled. You'll be lucky if you can find a smidge of it, anywhere in the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope my children hate condiments as much as I do.

Because, just touching the bottles kind of makes me gag.

I'll die if they're obsessed with it and I constantly have to wash it off their faces, hands, and dishes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That is my brother.

With earrings.

He came back from his Senior Trip with a set.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Justine said...

It's been a busy week for me, and I'm just catching up on blogs. So sorry you got left out. :( It's the worst!!

And I hate Publix, and I've never had their cakes, but I imagine I wouldn't like them either. :)

And I still can't believe you don't like condiments. I'm a condiment-aholic!! You should have seen our fridge when we went to clean it out when we moved. I had three or four different types of mayo, mustard, and probably 30 bottles of different salad dressings. And they were all about 1/2 used up. Haha :)

Melissa said...

We don't have Publix here but i wish we did. Not for the cakes! But we went grocery shopping there last time i was in florida & i liked it!

That is funny about condiments. Brad doesn't like them either. Well, he says it's not that he doesn't like them, he just thinks food doesn't need them. He eats fries w/o ketchup, etc. He does take mayo on his sandwiches though! HAHA!

Brittany Ann said...

1. Agree about the cakes entirely. I love the Pub, but I've never been a huge fan of anything coming out of their bakery.

2. Agreed on the mayo, too! I, for one, like a good condiment, and can tolerate mayo, but when I can see globs of mayo...ick!

Unknown said...

I seriously NEVER made the connection with the mayo, but I laughed out loud when I saw that because it is SO true. That really is all you see at showers! Here's to being more "mayo considerate" to others! :)

LWLH said...

I'm with you on the hatred for mayo but I love Publix cakes. I don't so much enjoy shopping there (well when we lived in FL) but I did love the birthday cakes BM would get me from there.