Thursday, May 2, 2013

Me and Hidden Talents (BEDIM 1 and 2)

 
 
 
I came across this little gem and thought it would be fun to participate. Recently, my posting is habitual.... Monday Musings (random thoughts and recap of my weekend), Tuesdays are Operation 30, and then I sometimes participate in Random Thursdays or Sunday Socials.
 
I have a bunch of posts in draft, but have been too lazy/busy (a little of both) to complete and publish them. Sometimes, you just need a topic given to you, you know?
 
Since I didn't find this until today, I'll do yesterday and today, at once.....
 
 Day 1, Wednesday 
The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)
 
Story of my life..... Well, I was born and raised in Central Florida. My parents separated when I was 6, but the divorce wasn't final until I was almost 8 (ie, it was a nasty one). They each remarried, giving me a bunch of step-siblings and eventually a little half-brother. I went to a private Christan school from K-12, then went to a private (secular) university. My step-dad died when I was 20 and my mom eventually remarried a very nice man, who gave me another step-sister. I graduated from college and started interning at a radio station. For 3 1/2 years, I worked part-time there, was a substitute teacher, taught dance, and other odd jobs. Four years ago, they gave me the job of Promotions Director. Now, I work really hard, have a lot of fun, and still get to spend time with my family and the friends I've had forever. 

In between all of that, I've danced a lot of dance, watched a lot of soaps, been to Disney thousands of times, traveled, fell in love with a goofy radio DJ, got my heart broken by said radio DJ, worked to stay friends, tried to move on with someone else, attempted to get over that bruise, lost a lot of weight, and started a blog. I'm sure I'm missing some highlights, but you've got the basics of me :)
 
 
 
 
 Day 2, Thursday 
Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)
 
 
Here's something am pretty good at.......... Spotting famous people at Disney World.

It may come from all the years I attended Super Soap Weekend, but I'm a master at noticing when a famous person is within the park. It all comes down to the "Plaid Vest People" (as I like to call them). 
 
I don't even know what the PVP's official title is, but they are generally found at customer service type locations.

Anyway, whenever I've spotted a famous person, it was because I noticed the PVP. They are acting out of the ordinary and therefore catch my attention.

For example, one time I was at Animal Kingdom and I saw about five PVPs walking together. They were walking amongst a huge group of people. PVPs do not walk together in more than twos or with that big of a group, unless they are with a famous person. I was trying to pick out the celebrity in the group and as they walked by, a tall man in the group wearing a baseball cap brushed past me. He was talking and had a very deep voice. BOOM - Trace Adkins (he had his signature hair pulled up under the cap). I noted that it was him to my family and they all were like, "OMG! You are right!" 

In November, we were at Magic Kingdom and I was waiting for members of the party to put strollers up before we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. A PVP was just idly standing in the middle of the walkway. PVPs don't do anything idly. They walk with purpose when they are walking and are busy when at their station. I look to see who he was with and saw two women chatting and eating popcorn. One had sunglasses and a cute pixie haircut. Yep, Ginnifer Goodwin. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture with her.
 
Those are the most recent examples. Most people would never even notice, just because they aren't thinking about it. When you see someone out of context, your brain generally won't register it. Again, I always recognize that the Plaid Vest Person is acting out of character and then spot the celebrity.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I've always wanted to be a PVP person! How cool would that be! If not that I always wanted to be someone who gave tours of the park, especially Magic Kingdom. I would be very good at it!