Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lines Not Forgotten (BEDIM 25)

Day 25, Saturday: 
Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)

We will do one of each.......

"You are fake. You can't actually care about all the people you pretend to care about."

A guy who used to be a really good friend told me that. Not only did it really, really hurt, but I spent a lot of soul searching to really see if what he said had any validity.
I legitimately wondered if what he said was true and even asked some of the closest people in my life. The verdict was that he was just being cruel.... and that he was projecting. But, it stuck with me and probably always will.




"I just want you to know......... your daughter is the most amazing girl in the world."

It was said to my mom, not me, but it was said in front of me.

While this was said while his girlfriend was standing right next to him..... and, years later, we still have never gotten together (yep, The Guy said that)....... it was one of the best things ever said to/about me. 

Doesn't every girl dream about their mom being told that by a man? I mean, I always have. It wasn't quite said the way I always imagined, but almost (in a very odd, twisted way) in a better way. Because, he wasn't going to get anything out of it. And, the way he said it.... his tone, the way he was joking one second and then got really serious, the way he looked my mom in her eyes when he said it, and the way he looked at me in the eyes after and told me "Goodnight."

Everything about it made it special and important (and, yes, I spent forever mulling that one line over). I knew and I know that he meant it.

Regardless of what does or doesn't happen with us..... I will never forget him saying that.

No comments: