Thursday, May 30, 2013

Music Memories and Letting Go (BEDIM 29 and 30)

 
 
 
 Day 29, Wednesday: 
Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use Grooveshark or YouTube to include them in the post
 
 
Only FIVE?! I love music....... and, it has this incredible way of turning my mood to its will.
 
Here we go...........
 
I Never Told You by Colbie Caillat on Grooveshark  
 
'I Never Told You' by Colbie Callait.......... For some reason, it is just a heartbreaking song. The "sound" of the song is gut-wrenching. It brings me back to 'writing TG THE Letter' days. Oh, I'd listen to that song and cry. Especially over the line, "I see those blue eyes, every time I close mine. It makes it hard to see where I belong to when I'm not around you." 
 
 
Hey, Soul Sister by Train on Grooveshark 
 
'Hey, Soul Sister' by Train....... This song just makes me happy. Even after a couple of years, I will still dance around our office when it comes on one of our stations.
 
 
Gangster's Paradise by Coolio on Grooveshark 
 
'Gangsta's Paradise' by Coolio....... Another song that (weirdly) makes me happy, lol. While it was more a 6th/7th grade song, every time I hear it, I think about my senior trip to Honduras. Our Spanish speaking (NO English) bus drivers were so happy with their English music tapes. We, however, knew we were listening to 80's music in 2001. Then, out of nowhere, they came up with a tape that had this on it. And, a bunch of private Christian school white kids turned gangster on a bus in Honduras, lol.
 
 
It's Gonna Be Me by *NSync on Grooveshark

'It's Gonna Be Me' by NSYNC.... Hello, high school. LOVED this song.


Summertime by Kenny Chesney on Grooveshark
'Summertime' by Kenny Chesney....... This song came out the summer I really fell in love with Country. No matter what time of year, I hear it and immediately feel like it's 95 degrees.



Day 30, Thursday:  
React to this term: Letting Go
 
Hard..... Needed.... Freeing......A skill I'm horrible at. I talked earlier about how the inability to let go is a negative trait of mine.

No comments: