Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Favorite Posts and My Soapbox (BEDIM 21 and 22)

 
 
So, I sort of lost about three days of this. I was out of town and am still playing catch up on sleep, working out, and general life.
 
So, we'll do yesterday and today and call it a wash........
 
 Day 21, Tuesday: 
A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives
 
Heart Abandoned
 
Control And The Illusion Of.... 

The Time I Met Kenny Chesney

... And, The Time I Met Keith Urban
 
Or, The Time I Met Kevin Bacon
 
Tales of a Bloggy Meet-Up
 
The One Where I Got Had 
 
An Open Letter To Men In Bars
 
Please Remember Me
 
Mouse, Say What?!
 
A Christmas Surprise
 
 
 
 
Day 22, Wednesday:
 Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)
 
 
Here's something that ticks me off.....
 
When people think of themselves as humble, but are really narcissistic jerks.
 
For instance...............
 
One of my coworkers is the worst. He has the ability to be a really nice guy, but mostly is full of himself. On Saturday, we were at an event and we were talking with another coworker.
 
R - "Hey, Jess. This may have been before your time, but do you remember when we did the promotion....? You may not have been here for that, but..."
 
Why would this annoy me? Because I have been at the station a full TWO YEARS longer than he has been there.
 
It was everything in me not to reply, "Well, R, since I've been here longer than you, if you can remember it than so should I."
 
 
He is full of those types of gems.
 
Another thing he does that irritates the crap out of me is constantly emailing our boss about things that he should email me about. Or, if he does email me, he copies our boss in. Basically, he doesn't feel like he should have to defer to a younger female, so he includes our older male boss.
 
You may think I'm making this up, but pretty much everyone in the building agrees that he does this to me and a couple other younger women.
 

No comments: